HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Freedom High School teachers are taking to social media to voice their frustrations over the school’s ongoing A/C problem.
One teacher shared a photo of a class sitting outside as a math lesson is taught. It shows the teacher using dry erase markers on a window-turned whiteboard, as somewhat of a small protest over how hot some of these classing are getting due to a broken A/C.
“It gets pretty hot. I start sweating. It’s aggravating to sit in conditions like that,” said student Rene Pannell. “We go outside and sit in the ring or something and work so we don’t have to sit inside and boil all day.”
Parents are outraged too.
“I think classroom environment is the best learning environment unless you are teaching science and you need to go outside. I don’t feel that the students are going to get the best education by learning off a window,” said one parent, Kimberly Dunbar.
Tanya Arja, a spokeswoman for Hillsborough County Schools, said there was a power outage at the school when the photo was taken and a chiller went out. She explained that’s what’s causing so many problems.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Winter Haven PD seeks witness video of suspect hitting 90-year-old veteran in Publix parking lot
- VIDEO: Homeowner with gun stops St. Pete burglars in their tracks
- Police investigating suspicious Snapchat post by Sarasota High School student
- Seminole Heights Murders: an recalls hearing gunfire, seeing person sprint down street in Seminole Heights
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children
- US has released partial records from long-secret Kennedy assassination files