TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A man was charged in connection with the shooting death of a teen in Tampa.
Reynaldo Charles Hernandez, 20, was arrested after deputies say he gunned down 17-year-old Tamichael Broadnax at the Greens of Town and Country condos located at 7518 Camarina Calle at 11:43 p.m. Thursday.
Broadnax was transported to St Joseph’s Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Investigators learned Hernandez and Broadnax were involved in a verbal argument over a woman that escalated into violence.
Hernandez was located and arrested on Friday. He will be booked to the Orient Road Jail and is expected to faces charges for second-degree murder with a firearm and aggravated assault (warrant). No further details are available at this time.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- Man recalls hearing gunfire, seeing person sprint down street in Seminole Heights
- Tampa restaurant serving craft beer, pizza bans children
- US has released partial records from long-secret Kennedy assassination files
- New security screenings begin today at TIA
- WATCH: Dog found, reunited with owner 2 weeks after escaping from Tampa International Airport
- VIDEO: Boy, 10, leads police on 100 mph chase
- California gang member’s ‘hot’ mugshot goes viral