(WFLA) – Friday, November 24 is the deadline for Floridians impacted by Irma to register for FEMA assistance.
Disaster assistance is available to eligible individuals and households that suffered storm-related damages between Sept. 4 through Oct. 18, 2017. Any damage that occurred after the closing date will not be covered by the disaster declaration.
FEMA assistance may include grants to help homeowners pay for temporary housing, essential home repairs and serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance.
Eligible residents can register for assistance by:
- Going online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Calling 800-621-3362
- Downloading the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app
Applicants will need the following to apply:
- Social Security Number;
- Daytime telephone number;
- Current mailing address and address and zip code of the damaged property; and
- Private insurance information, if available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW