(WFLA) – A local elementary school caught in the middle of a dramatic shootout took time to say a big “thanks” on Wednesday to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office for keeping them safe.
When the shooting happened just two blocks away, Gulf Highlands Elementary School immediately went into lockdown and approximately five dozen deputies surrounded the school.
Wednesday, deputies were surrounded by love from a student body grateful to be kept safe.
News Channel 8’s Rod Carter has much more on this story in the video above.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW
- 3 arrested for selling fentanyl, other drugs, out of St. Pete motel room
- Disturbing video of woman attacked while holding baby goes viral
- VIDEO: Florida deputy accused of stealing from dead man’s home
- PHOTOS: 5-year-old has dream wedding before another risky surgery
- Doctors and cops among 277 arrested in human trafficking, online prostitution sting in Polk County