GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) – A 20-year-old University of Florida student has died in a fall from a third-floor balcony at an apartment complex.
Gainesville Police Department Lt. Paris Owens tells news outlets that witnesses called police when they saw Ian Burns fall shortly after 6 p.m. on Saturday.
An incident report says Burns was taken to UF Health Shands Hospital. It didn’t indicate when he died.
The report also didn’t say how Burns fell.
The university’s student newspaper, the Independent Florida Alligator reported that Burns was a mechanical engineering senior. His family lives in West Palm Beach.
No further details were immediately available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Mayor Buckhorn to Seminole Heights Killer: ‘We will hunt this son of a b**** down’
- Largo gas station worker seeks help on Facebook after robber locks him in freezer
- 5-year-old dies after collapsing at Lake Co. daycare
- Hillsborough deputy rear-ends school bus carrying 7 kids in Thonotosassa
- University of Florida student falls from balcony, dies
- Father of girl missing after punishment for not drinking milk charged with first-degree felony
- Parents warned to watch out for candy that can get kids high