THONOTOSASSA, Fla. (WFLA) – Seven children were on a school bus that was rear-ended by a sheriff’s deputy in Thonotosassa Tuesday morning.
Authorities say it happened in the eastbound lanes on Main Street at Bunk House Lane.
A Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputy rear-ended the school bus, according to a HCSO spokesperson.
Seven kids and one bus driver were on the school bus when it happened, four other students were waiting to get on the bus.
One student was transported to a local hospital as a precaution. The deputy suffered minor injuries and was not transported to a hospital.
A Hillsborough County Schools representative said the students on the bus attend Armwood High School.
No other details were immediately released.
Stay with WFLA.com for updates about this breaking story.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Mayor Buckhorn to Seminole Heights Killer: ‘We will hunt this son of a b**** down’
- Largo gas station worker seeks help on Facebook after robber locks him in freezer
- 5-year-old dies after collapsing at Lake Co. daycare
- Hillsborough deputy rear-ends school bus carrying 7 kids in Thonotosassa
- University of Florida student falls from balcony, dies
- Father of girl missing after punishment for not drinking milk charged with first-degree felony
- Parents warned to watch out for candy that can get kids high