PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas Park police are trying to figure out who shot a bicyclist on Monday night, critically injuring him.
Pinellas Park Police Department officers responded to a call about a bicycle accident at 7 p.m. on Monday in the 6600 block of 62nd Avenue North.
The 44-year-old man, identified as John Asch, was transported to the hospital for treatment.
The hospital later notified the officers that Asch had suffered a single gunshot wound.
Detectives are trying to figure out where the shooting happened and who was responsible.
The shooting victim is in critical condition at Bayfront Health in St. Petersburg.
Pinellas Park police said that at this time, investigators have no reason to believe that this shooting is any way connected to the shootings in Seminole Heights.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to call the Pinellas Park Police Department at 727-369-7864. If you want to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Sumter deputy accused of stealing and pawning guns
- Mayor Buckhorn to Seminole Heights Killer: ‘We will hunt this son of a b**** down’
- Largo gas station worker seeks help on Facebook after robber locks him in freezer
- 5-year-old dies after collapsing at Lake Co. daycare
- Hillsborough deputy rear-ends school bus carrying 7 kids in Thonotosassa
- University of Florida student falls from balcony, dies
- Father of girl missing after punishment for not drinking milk charged with first-degree felony
- Parents warned to watch out for candy that can get kids high