HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Two people were killed Monday morning in a crash that temporarily shut down part of Morris Bridge Road in Hillsborough County.
The crash happened just before 7 a.m. near the Pasco County line.
Deputies say 50-year-old Howard Hawkins Jr. of Zephyrhills was headed south on Morris Bridge Road when the crash happened. The other driver, 38-year-old Marcellus Shackelford, was headed north.
At some point, investigators say Hawkins crossed the center line of the road for an unknown reason and hit Shackelford head-on. Both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Deputies say there were no signs of impairment, and tell us both cars were going about 45 mph at the time of the crash.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Doctors and cops among 277 arrested in human trafficking, online prostitution sting in Polk County
- ‘Guardian Angels’ watch over Seminole Heights as search for killer continues
- Man with autism took wrong bus home from work, became 3rd Seminole Heights murder victim
- Child’s body found near missing 3-year-old Texas girl’s home
- Restaurant Ratings Most Violations: October 9 to October 14