JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida Missing Child Alert ended after a 3-year-old Jacksonville boy’s body was found in an underground water tank, WTLV reports.
Amari Harley vanished around 3:45 p.m. Sunday after celebrating a birthday at Bruce Park. The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office was called to the scene after the child had been missing for an hour.
As a public cry for help, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement shared news of Amari Harley’s disappearance around 7 p.m. Friday evening. Around 9 p.m., they said the boy was found deceased.
The body will undergo an autopsy on Monday.
Law enforcement officials said a candy apple green vehicle may have been involved in his disappearance. No other details are available at this time.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Inside the mind of a murderer: Expert shares theory on Seminole Heights killer
- Uncle drowned nephew in bathtub, dumped him in trash, police say
- Man with autism took wrong bus home from work, became 3rd Seminole Heights murder victim
- Local doctor delivers fast healing burn cream to those in need
- VIDEO: Deputies surprise Lutz girl battling cancer who set up lemonade stand for Vegas victims