GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – Security is a top priority, students are ready to protest and law enforcement officers from across the state are descending on the University of Florida.
White nationalist Richard Spencer is expected to speak Thursday, drawing large crowds on both sides.
Students prepared for more protests Wednesday night.
“Will violence break out? Probably, because it’s inevitable when you’re dealing with groups like this,” said one UF student.
“We’re at a point in our society when we need to move forward in combating racism, not denying its existence and trying to bring it back in this country,” said student Matthew Bratko.
News Channel 8’s Corey Davis has much more on this story in the video above.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- VIDEO: Lakeland officer lucky to be alive after being hit by drunk driver during traffic stop
- Deputies: Hillsborough teacher’s aide molested girl in classroom, more victims possible
- Family of slain Florida sergeant said Trump show disrespect
- Doctors and cops among 277 arrested in human trafficking, online prostitution sting in Polk County
- Teen charged with murder after friend is shot, killed in Clearwater carjacking