ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Authorities say a black bear has been spotted on the University of Central Florida campus.
UCF police say a security camera picked up the animal Wednesday heading toward an outdoor table near Knights Plaza.
No direct contact with humans has been reported. It wasn’t clear where the bear came from or where it went.
Police released a warning to students, encouraging them to remain alert of their surroundings and to be aware of how to react if they see a bear. Officials say students should never approach, feed or intentionally attract a bear.
Authorities say black bears are typically quiet and shy, but they are wild animals and potentially dangerous.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Locally-transmitted case of Zika identified in Manatee County
- Hudson shooting suspect confirmed dead
- Missing sex predator found dead in Hernando County
- Dog missing after escaping from tram on Tampa Intl. Airport runway
- Naked intruder, 63, found eating can of pineapple in Florida home
- Body camera video shows overdosed Florida moms with babies in back of SUV
- Traffic stop turns into shopping trip for local 6th grader, full tank of gas for mom
- What do you see? Internet divided over color of these sneakers