TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – An unknown suspect shot and killed a man waiting for a bus in Tampa on Monday.
Benjamin Mitchell, 22, was waiting for a HARTline bus on North 15th Street at Frierson Avenue when he was shot. He later died of his injuries.
Witnesses described seeing a man in his early 20’s, wearing a dark hooded jacket, running from the area where the shooting took place.
Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the suspect.
Anyone with information regarding the suspect’s identity who wants to be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS, report anonymously online or send a tip using the P3 Tips mobile app.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Locally-transmitted case of Zika identified in Manatee County
- Hudson shooting suspect confirmed dead
- Missing sex predator found dead in Hernando County
- Dog missing after escaping from tram on Tampa Intl. Airport runway
- Naked intruder, 63, found eating can of pineapple in Florida home
- Body camera video shows overdosed Florida moms with babies in back of SUV
- Traffic stop turns into shopping trip for local 6th grader, full tank of gas for mom
- What do you see? Internet divided over color of these sneakers