BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Authorities say a Florida sheriff’s deputy shot and wounded a woman and then fatally shot himself.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release that the shooting happened shortly after 8 a.m. Thursday in a gated Boynton Beach neighborhood.
The names and relationships of those involved have not been released. The sheriff’s office said the woman was taken to a hospital and is in critical condition. The deputy died at the scene.
No further details were immediately available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Dog missing after escaping from tram on Tampa Intl. Airport runway
- Body camera video shows overdosed Florida moms with babies in back of SUV
- Badly-burned body found inside New Port Richey ‘hoarder home’ identified
- Wimauma man arrested after 14-year-old girl gives birth to his daughter
- Insurance company pays $20K to families of teens who died after crashing stolen SUV in Palm Harbor
- Traffic stop turns into shopping trip for local 6th grader, full tank of gas for mom
- What do you see? Internet divided over color of these sneakers