TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police detectives are searching for a homicide suspect who shot and robbed two men.
Police say two subjects asked the victims for a ride on Oct 1, shortly after 1 a.m. at the Ybor Grocery on North 15th Street.
They traveled in the victim’s beige Ford Taurus.
As they approached East 18th Avenue and North 17th Street, the driver was told to pull over.
The suspects ordered the victims out of the car, forced them to remove their pants and lay on the ground.
The suspects then shot both victims and robbed them of their cash and personal property before fleeing in the victim’s vehicle.
DuVaugh Shaheed, 55, died of his injuries. The second victim was seriously injured.
Police found the car the next day.
John Jarah Hicks III was arrested on Oct. 5 and charged with first degree murder and attempted first degree murder.
Detectives are seeking information that would assist with identifying the second suspect, who has been described as a black man with a light complexion, tall, thin build, who was last seen wearing a dark jacket and hat.
Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the suspect. Anyone with information who wants to be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call them a 1-800-873-TIPS, report anonymously online or send a mobile tip using the P3 Tips app.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON —
- In historic change, Boy Scouts to let girls in some programs
- New Port Richey woman believed to have been inside “hoarder home” that caught fire
- Pit bull puppy found beaten, stabbed and stuffed in suitcase in Broward County
- Tampa pharmacist arrested for sexually battering woman he met on Tinder
- Hillsborough mom mad after school bus drops off special-needs daughter, 6, at busy intersection
- Chasing a ghost: Sisters’ DNA offers clue into sibling’s murder mystery in Tampa
- Longboat Key police: Vacation rental home secretly recorded guests
- Manatee County students to ask school board for permission to kneel during anthem
- Oreo offers $50K for correctly guessing mystery flavor