VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) – A Venice man is accused of slashing a woman’s face and then setting her car on fire.
Venice police responded to a home on Elaine Street at 10:23 p.m. on Tuesday. When officers arrived, they found a woman who had significant facial injuries and identified the suspect as Melvin D. Williamson, 49. Police could not find him at the scene.
Then, at 2:38 a.m. on Wednesday, firefighters responded to a fire at the same address on Elaine Street.
Firefighters arrived to find the woman’s vehicle on fire in the driveway. Once the fire was put out, firefighters found a large pile of clothing that was burned on the pavement in front of the car. An arson investigation is underway.
Venice police arrested Williamson on a charge of aggravated domestic battery.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON —
- Woman missing after New Port Richey house fire
- Tampa pharmacist arrested for sexually battering woman he met on Tinder
- Chasing a ghost: Sisters’ DNA offers clue into sibling’s murder mystery in Tampa
- Longboat Key police: Vacation rental home secretly recorded guests
- Police search for driver in deadly hit-and-run in Tampa
- Manatee County students to ask school board for permission to kneel during anthem
- Oreo offers $50K for correctly guessing mystery flavor