BRANDON, Fla. (WFLA) – A local salon is holding a “haircut-a-thon” to raise money for Puerto Rico on Sunday.
The staff of Le Salon Rouge is hosting the event, along with a bake sale.
The minimum suggested donation for a haircut is $10 and 100 percent of money raised will go directly to families in Puerto Rico.
“You wanna do something,” said salon owner Nicole Champagne. “You never know what to do, and this is the way we give back. If everyone does a tiny bit, this island will come back.”
The salon has done fundraisers like this before. The staff raised $6,000 for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
The salon also hopes to have vendors available who will be donating a portion of sales as well.
Le Salon Rouge is located at 113 East Brandon Boulevard. You can reach them by calling 813-643-3690 or by logging on to Facebook.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON —
- In historic change, Boy Scouts to let girls in some programs
- New Port Richey woman believed to have been inside “hoarder home” that caught fire
- Pit bull puppy found beaten, stabbed and stuffed in suitcase in Broward County
- Tampa pharmacist arrested for sexually battering woman he met on Tinder
- Hillsborough mom mad after school bus drops off special-needs daughter, 6, at busy intersection
- Chasing a ghost: Sisters’ DNA offers clue into sibling’s murder mystery in Tampa
- Longboat Key police: Vacation rental home secretly recorded guests
- Manatee County students to ask school board for permission to kneel during anthem
- Oreo offers $50K for correctly guessing mystery flavor