LUBBOCK, Texas (WFLA) – The lockdown at Texas Tech University has been lifted after a shooting at the campus police department that killed an officer.
The school tweeted about the lockdown Monday night.
According to NBC affiliate KCBD, Lubbock police confirmed that a TTU police officer has been shot and killed.
Officials told KCBD they brought a student in for a welfare check at the police building. The student allegedly pulled out a gun and shot the officer.
The student fled the scene, but was apprehended.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- People line up at 1 am to sign up for Hurricane Irma aid in Plant City
- Hernando sheriff seeks help finding sex predator who cut off ankle monitor
- Tropical Depression 17 forms, no threat to U.S.
- Family’s plea in Tampa cold case: ‘Lord, let her be alive’
- HART bus schedule changes creating challenges for passengers
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys ‘will not play’ if they disrespect flag
- Dad sent missing toddler to alley at 3 a.m. because she didn’t drink milk, police say
- WATCH: Man arrested after clinging to moving school bus