CLEARWATER BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) – An Orlando man is accused of injuring a bird at Clearwater Beach.
Clearwater Police Department officers responded to 534 Mandalay Avenue at 4:29 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 7.
They say Roosevelt Desire, 31, was on the beach and birds had flocked near him. Officers say Desire swung at the birds with a stick to make the birds go away.
Desire hit a bird and broke its wing.
Officers say he left the bird on the ground and did not offer aid or call for assistance.
Desire was arrested on a charge of cruelty to animals.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- People line up at 1 am to sign up for Hurricane Irma aid in Plant City
- Hernando sheriff seeks help finding sex predator who cut off ankle monitor
- Tropical Depression 17 forms, no threat to U.S.
- Family’s plea in Tampa cold case: ‘Lord, let her be alive’
- HART bus schedule changes creating challenges for passengers
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys ‘will not play’ if they disrespect flag
- Dad sent missing toddler to alley at 3 a.m. because she didn’t drink milk, police say
- WATCH: Man arrested after clinging to moving school bus