CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Two men were arrested in connection with a shooting in unincorporated Clearwater.
Detectives assigned to the robbery/homicide unit arrested the men for attempted murder.
Deputies responded to a 911 call for an armed person at 14660 64th Street North on 7:23 a.m. Sunday.
When deputies arrived, they found Taoufik Borji, 38, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
Borji was taken to Bayfront Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
Detectives say the investigation revealed Borji had an argument earlier than morning with his cousin, Divante Henderson, 25.
The argument was related to a relationship Borji had with Divante’s girlfriend.
Detectives say Divante and his brother, Christopher Henderson, 30, drove to Borji’s house and confronted him outside the home.
Divante took out a handgun and shot Borji multiple times in front of witnesses.
Divante and Christopher turned themselves in to detectives on Monday.
Divante is charged with one count of second-degree attempted murder.
Christopher is charged with one count of principal- attempted murder.
Borji remains in serious condition at Bayfront Medical Center.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- People line up at 1 am to sign up for Hurricane Irma aid in Plant City
- Hernando sheriff seeks help finding sex predator who cut off ankle monitor
- Tropical Depression 17 forms, no threat to U.S.
- Family’s plea in Tampa cold case: ‘Lord, let her be alive’
- HART bus schedule changes creating challenges for passengers
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys ‘will not play’ if they disrespect flag
- Dad sent missing toddler to alley at 3 a.m. because she didn’t drink milk, police say
- WATCH: Man arrested after clinging to moving school bus