ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man was hospitalized after a shooting in St. Pete on Sunday evening.
Police responded to reports of shots fired in the 900 block of 13th Avenue South around 6:45 p.m.
Detectives believe the victim and the suspect know each other and were involved in an altercation at the time of the shooting. The suspect, who has not been identified or located, fired several shots at the victim, hitting him in the lower body.
The victim was taken to the hospital with injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
No further details are available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Body of missing kayaker found in Gibsonton
- VP Pence leaves NFL game after anthem protests
- Dad sent missing toddler to alley at 3 a.m. because she didn’t drink milk, police say
- Dove apologizes for Facebook soap ad that many call racist
- WATCH: Gators fans burst into song during game to honor Tom Petty
- 70-mile-wide wave of butterflies shows up on weather radar
- Big changes coming this year for Black Friday