ALBUQUERQUE, NM (CNN) – Hundreds of colorful hot-air balloons lifted-off into the morning sky in New Mexico today for the 46th Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
The festival is referred to as the world’s largest hot-air ballooning event.
People come from all over the world to see the mass ascension.
This year’s Fiesta features about 500 traditional hot-air balloons and 94 character balloons, including smokey bear and others.
The event runs through Sunday, October 15 and is expected to attract close to a million visitors.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hurricane Nate expected to be Cat. 2 at landfall
- 5 key pieces of evidence led deputies to Riverview father accused of killing daughter
- Child, 50+ dogs removed from Ocala home that smelled of feces
- Rapper Nelly arrested on rape accusation
- Car strikes pedestrians outside London museum
- Evacuations at oil platforms, coastal areas as deadly Hurricane Nate moves toward N. Gulf Coast
- 70-mile-wide wave of butterflies shows up on weather radar
- Big changes coming this year for Black Friday