SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A man was shot in the stomach during an attempted armed robbery early Thursday morning in Sarasota.
The Sarasota Police Department responded to a parking lot in the 2000 block of Bay Street around 5 a.m.
According to police, the men had been arguing. One man shot the other and fled the scene.
The victim is recovering at a nearby hospital. The suspect remains at large.
No further details are available at this time.
Anyone with information on the incident should call Detective Dan Riley at 941-954-7062.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Sheriff Grady Judd: ‘Dangerous psychopath’ sexually assaulted 81-year-old Haines City woman
- Hernando Co. deputies search for 17-year-old in shooting at Spring Hill apartment
- Mother charged for torturing, fatally burning 4-year-old son with autism
- 13 Florida cases: CDC warns of bacterial-illness outbreak linked to pet-store puppies
- Riverview man accused of murdering daughter, 13, to appear in court
- White nationalist Richard Spencer to speak at Univ. of Florida
- TS Nate to bring rip current risk to Tampa Bay area this weekend