HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office announced on Thursday they have arrested Janessa Shannon’s father in connection with her murder.
Nashon Shannon was arrested and is charged with first degree murder and aggravated child abuse.
A hiker found a badly decomposed body in a heavily-wooded area of Trip Creek Nature Preserve in Riverview on July 15.
Deputies confirmed the remains were of Janessa Shannon.
Hillsborough sheriff’s office officials said Nashon and Janessa got into an argument, that resulted in her death.
Officials confirmed Nashon had been arrested previously and charged with 11 felonies.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children previously released information on the Riverview teen, saying she disappeared July 2 from an undisclosed location.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Las Vegas gunman’s girlfriend returns to US for questioning
- FBI joins investigation to find missing Sarasota teen Jabez Spann
- Poll: Few approve of Trump’s Puerto Rico response
- University of Florida student shot during Las Vegas massacre
- 12 arrested in Polk child porn investigation
- 5-year-old Orange Co. boy shoots, kills self with relative’s gun
- Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock wired $100,000 to Philippines
- Better Call Behnken: Driver gets red-light ticket for ‘violation’ during Sarasota funeral procession
BACK TO TOP STORIES