PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Deputies in Pasco County have arrested a teenager for written threats to kill other students at a high school.
Deputies say they arrested the 14-year-old on Sunday after he threatened to bring a machete knife to Zephyrhills High School on Monday and kill two other students.
Investigators say he made the threat using Snapchat.
The suspect told deputies the message was meant as a joke.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- At least 50 people killed, more than 200 injured at concert attack in Las Vegas
- Country stars react to deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas
- 14-year-old arrested for threatening to kill students at Zephyrhills High School
- 1 killed when car overturns in crash in Clearwater
- DOWNLOAD: Make the switch to the new WFLA 8 app