PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A toddler was hospitalized following a near-drowning in North Redington Beach.
Pinellas County deputies received a frantic 911 call from the grandmother of a 3-year-old after she found him submerged in the family’s pool on Sunday. Detectives said the child somehow managed to get past a door that was locked to enter the pool.
The grandmother found the child minutes later submerged in the water. She pulled him from the pool and began screaming for assistance and called 911, according to an incident report.
A neighbor performed CPR until a deputy arrived to take over. Paramedics with the Madeira Beach Fire Rescue came to the scene and began advanced life support.
He was transported to the All Children’s Hospital, where he remains in stable condition.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
No further details are available at this time.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Person of interest in Winter Park nanny’s death apprehended
- Parole official: Simpson will live in Vegas area
- Boat crash brings southbound traffic on Howard Frankland Bridge to near standstill
- Florida man loses fake eye while surfing
- Florida teen accidentally shot by stepfather during heated debate over Trump, situation in Puerto Rico
- VIDEO: Marilyn Manson hurt onstage during NYC show
- Tampa jeweler offers to replace missing wedding ring for lineman who worked after Irma
- La Niña pattern will impact Tampa Bay this fall and winter
- PHOTOS: Walt Disney World celebrates 46 years