TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – On Saturday, St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital celebrated thousands of children who have overcome the odds.
The hospital hosted a baseball-themed NICU reunion to give doctors and nurses a chance to reconnect with miracle patients and their families.
“Our team members develop a special bond with these babies as NICU patients and don’t always have an opportunity to see them grow up,” the hospital’s spokesperson, Tiffany Scalone said in a release.
But on Saturday, the staff got a chance to see just how far these miracle babies have come since their days in neonatal care.
Attendees were treated to lunch and a variety of activities, including an inflatable baseball game.
Each year, more than 1,200 infants are admitted to the hospital’s Level IV, and spend anywhere from days to several months in the hospital’s care, depending on their medical condition.
St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital’s NICU reunion
St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital’s NICU reunion x
Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier’s costumes through the years
Yuzuru Hanyu and Winnie the Pooh
Worried parents wait for students
Person detained after deadly shooting at Fla. high school
Students flee Broward County high school after reported shooting
Shooting reported at Broward County high school
Best Images from the Opening Ceremony of the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics
Model Olympians: Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue
Model Olympian: Alex Deibold
Jessica Kooreman’s childhood photos
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- La Niña pattern will impact Tampa Bay this fall and winter
- Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor who begged for more help
- St. Pete family to be rescued from Puerto Rico after News Channel 8 story
- Police release photos in suspicious case of missing Orange Co. nanny
- 3 former Hernando Beach Volunteer Fire Chiefs arrested for organized fraud
- Mom’s viral photo of mangled car shows importance of car seats
- VIDEO: Tampa football melee could mean game suspensions
- Tampa jeweler offers to replace missing wedding ring for lineman who worked after Irma