HARDEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A semi vs. lawn mower collision resulted in the death of an elderly Hardee County woman, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
It happened at 11:35 a.m. on Friday.
Betty Bulloch, 89, of Zolfo Springs was riding a John Deere lawn mower near the intersection of SR 66 and Charley Anderson Road as Yoannys M. Alvarez Crespo, 39, was traveling west on SR 66 in his 2010 Kenworth truck. As Alvarez Crespo was passing through the intersection, Bulloch crossed the road from south to north, entering the eastbound lane of SR 66 into Alvarez Crespo’s path.
Highway officials said Alvarez Crespo steered to the right in order to get out of the way, but he was unable to avoid a collision and struck the lawn mower.
Bulloch was pronounced dead on the scene.
No further details are available at this time.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Missing Winter Park nanny found dead in Orange County, police say
- ‘Let’s Make a Deal’ game show host and philanthropist Monty Hall dies at 96
- Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor who begged for more help
- La Niña pattern will impact Tampa Bay this fall and winter
- Officer’s death intensifies scrutiny of herbal supplement
- VIDEO: Tampa football melee could mean game suspensions
- Tampa jeweler offers to replace missing wedding ring for lineman who worked after Irma