LAS VEGAS (AP) – O.J. Simpson’s attorney says he expects the former football star and actor to be released from a Nevada prison “a few days” after Sunday, the first eligible date for Simpson to be paroled under a decision reached by a state panel in July.
Malcolm LaVergne said that Simpson is “making arrangements” for his release but nothing has been finalized.
Simpson is being released after spending nine years behind bars in a 2008 armed robbery and kidnapping case. The Nevada Parole Board granted him early release in July.
LaVergne says Simpson wants to see his family and enjoy “the very simple pleasures” of life, including eating seafood and steak and getting a new iPhone.
Simpson was acquitted of the 1994 killings of ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman.
He was later found liable for their deaths in civil court.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- St. Pete family to be rescued from Puerto Rico after News Channel 8 story
- Crash kills alligator trapper, closes Pasco intersection
- Police: Mom flew to Europe, left 4 kids home alone in Iowa
- Better Call Behnken: Brides-to-be in panic mode after Lakeland bridal shop closes
- MISSING: Police release photos in case of missing Orange Co. nanny
- Woman found dead behind bushes in Tampa identified
- Caught on cam: Where are coyotes seen most in the Tampa Bay area?
- Tampa flying club, volunteers getting supplies to Puerto Rico
- Officials: Transgender teen’s grisly death not a hate crime