TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Police Department is mourning the loss of an officer who passed away on Wednesday after a battle with cancer.
“It is with deep sadness that we report that Officer Will Caballero lost his battle with cancer last night,” the agency said on Facebook. “Rest easy, Will, we will take your watch from here.”
Officer Caballero was a 15-year veteran of the force. Before joining the agency, Caballero served as a trooper with the Florida Highway Patrol, and later as a deputy with Osceola County Sheriff’s Office.
“The Caballero and TPD families extend our deepest gratitude to our community for the love and support you showed Will, his wife, and his children during his courageous battle,” the police department said.
A GoFundMe page was set up for the Caballero family before the officer passed away.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Manatee deputy killed in traffic crash
- MISSING: Winter Park woman disappears under suspicious circumstances
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus announces on Twitter that she has breast cancer
- Cops: Woman tried to kill 11-week-old, put meds in breast milk
- 27 years later, arrest is made in killer-clown case
- Police: Teen caught having sex with wiener dog again
- VIDEO: Priceless reaction from Prince Harry after sneaky toddler steals popcorn
- Legoland giving away 20,000 tickets to Florida kids impacted by Irma