LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – Daven Icao is using social media to find the thief that stole his wallet and used his credit card at four different CVS locations to buy $8,000 worth of gift cards.
Icao said he was working out at Youfit gym on Keene Road and East Bay Drive Monday morning when the theft occurred.
Detectives said the suspect walked into the men’s locker room and took Icao’s wallet out the locker.
“We just realized that he wasn’t a member, he just walked in, checking out the gym and use the bathroom and next thing you know, took some stuff out my locker,” said Icao. “Next thing you know, I received a lot of text messages from my bank like, ‘there’s a red flag there.'”
At each location, $2000 worth of gift cards were purchased.
The suspect, wearing a NASA T-shirt, shorts, white socks and flip flops and a baseball cap, hit four CVS stores in the area.
“He was holding my ID like this, so you can’t see my face, and he put it really far away from the cashier and he would not let go of the ID,” said Icao. “He was in and out. He went to four CVS within an hour.”
Icao posted the suspect’s photos on social media, hoping someone would recognize the thief.
“Since he got a lot of money from the gym from my locker, he will do the same thing to other gyms out there local. We have so many gyms around the area, he will come in and out. He’ll do the same strategy, what he did to me,” he said.
Icao also had $1,000 in his wallet.
Contact Largo police, if you have any information.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Two Pinellas 7-Eleven stores robbed within minutes of each other
- Florida boy, 4, chokes to death on meatball at school
- Man found dead, floating in water off Gulfport
- Sarasota PD seeks help finding woman who texted about medical emergency
- NCAA coaches among 10 arrested by FBI in fraud and corruption probe
- Citgo accused of selling crack, meth pipes in Trilby
- Tampa Bay area McDonald’s to thank first responders with free meals on Sept. 27
- Body found near intersection in Tampa may be identified by tattoos
- Baby left on side of Oklahoma freeway in car seat with cash