PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas County sheriff’s deputies assigned to the Major Accident Investigation Team are investigating a crash involving a deputy on Wednesday.
According to investigators, Deputy Reeves was traveling eastbound on 54th Avenue in his marked Chevrolet Tahoe responding to a call for assistance with his emergency lights and sirens activated.
A Ford Escape, operated by Chester Dunham, 67, was also traveling eastbound and was stopped, waiting for traffic.
As Deputy Reeves went into the median westbound lanes to pass stopped traffic, Dunham attempted to make a left turn into a business.
Dunham turned into Reeves’ patrol vehicle.
He was taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Reeves was taken to an emergency care clinic for minor injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Two Pinellas 7-Eleven stores robbed within minutes of each other
- Sarasota PD seeks help finding woman who texted about medical emergency
- NCAA coaches among 10 arrested by FBI in fraud and corruption probe
- Citgo accused of selling crack, meth pipes in Trilby
- Tampa Bay area McDonald’s to thank first responders with free meals on Sept. 27
- Body found near intersection in Tampa may be identified by tattoos
- Baby left on side of Oklahoma freeway in car seat with cash