BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) – The Manatee County School Board has revised the 2017-18 academic calendar due to time lost during Hurricane Irma.
Ten minutes will be added to the end of the school day for all students, starting Monday and lasting through Dec. 20.
Oct. 4 and Dec. 6 will no longer be early release days and students will attend school the full day.
Thanksgiving break will begin on Nov. 22. Nov. 20 and 21 were assigned on the academic calendar as “hurricane make-up days” and students will attend school on those days.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Two Pinellas 7-Eleven stores robbed within minutes of each other
- Sarasota PD seeks help finding woman who texted about medical emergency
- NCAA coaches among 10 arrested by FBI in fraud and corruption probe
- Citgo accused of selling crack, meth pipes in Trilby
- Tampa Bay area McDonald’s to thank first responders with free meals on Sept. 27
- Body found near intersection in Tampa may be identified by tattoos
- Baby left on side of Oklahoma freeway in car seat with cash