GULFPORT, Fla. (WFLA) – Police are asking for information from the public after the apparent accidental drowning of a man whose body was found in the water off Gulfport early Wednesday morning.
At 12:24 a.m., Gulfport Police Department officers responded to a call about a body in the water off of the beach in the 5700 block of Shore Boulevard South.
Officers recovered the body of a 43-year-old man who was wearing swimming trunks. Clothing and personal items were found on a bench at the beach.
Police believe the man, who has been identified as Keith Tabor, went for a swim and drowned. The initial investigation finds Tabor’s death is believed to be alcohol-related.
Police say they found a handwritten receipt for room number 110 with Tabor’s property, but the identification and/or location of that room is unknown.
Based on the receipt payment information, police believe he is still residing in room 110.
Police are asking anyone with knowledge of Mr. Tabor’s recent location to please contact GPD Detective Crowson at (727) 893-1043.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Two Pinellas 7-Eleven stores robbed within minutes of each other
- Sarasota PD seeks help finding woman who texted about medical emergency
- NCAA coaches among 10 arrested by FBI in fraud and corruption probe
- Citgo accused of selling crack, meth pipes in Trilby
- Tampa Bay area McDonald’s to thank first responders with free meals on Sept. 27
- Body found near intersection in Tampa may be identified by tattoos
- Baby left on side of Oklahoma freeway in car seat with cash