Woman bitten 3 times by venomous snake while at restaurant

Source: WTVR

FREDERICKSBURG, VA (WCMH) — A woman is recovering after she was bitten three times by a copperhead snake while eating in a Virginia restaurant.

“Everything is swollen,” Rachel Myrick told WTVR about her injuries from the snake bite.

Myrick said as she was walking into the Longhorn Steakhouse restaurant on Tuesday, Sept. 12, she felt what she thought was a bee sting on her left foot.

By the time she realized what happened, the snake had bitten her two more times. “I reached down and grabbed my foot because of the amount of pain and under my fingers felt it wiggle,” she said.

Her boyfriend and 13-year-old son stomped on the snake to kill it after it attacked, but the damage had been done. Myrick spent the next five days in the hospital receiving anti-venom.

Myrick will have to spend months recovering, but she’s trying to stay positive.

Longhorn Steakhouse released a statement saying they are looking into what happened, and taking steps to prevent it from happening again.

STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s