(WFLA) – A man was electrocuted on Sunday while trimming trees in Siesta Key.
A Sarasota Police Department spokesperson said the man was an independent contractor who was trimming trees when his bucket truck came in contact with a live wire.
The man died at the scene.
It happened on the 600 block of Freeling Drive.
The deceased man’s name has not been released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 2 Bucs players kneel during national anthem, co-chairman releases statement
- Officials: 1 dead, 7 victims hurt in church shooting
- Search underway for endangered woman after empty car found on Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Man killed in Clearwater jet ski crash identified, 4-year-old girl remains in critical condition
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers react to President Trump’s comments on NFL players
- A guide to FEMA aid for Hurricane Irma victims