CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting that injured a Clearwater man Sunday morning.
Around 7:23 a.m., deputies received a 911 call in reference to an armed person at a residence located at 14660 64th Street North.
Responding units came to the home and found 38-year-old Taoufik Borji suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
Borji was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries.
Detectives said the shooting does not appear to be random. An investigation is ongoing.
No further details are available at this time.
Anyone with information on the incident should call Detective Upton of the Robbery/Homicide Unit at (727) 582-6200. To remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS or http://www.crimestoppersofpinellas.org
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 2 Bucs players kneel during national anthem, co-chairman releases statement
- Private contractor killed in Siesta Key after touching live powerline
- Officials: 1 dead, 7 victims hurt in church shooting
- Search underway for endangered woman after empty car found on Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Man killed in Clearwater jet ski crash identified, 4-year-old girl remains in critical condition
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers react to President Trump’s comments on NFL players
- A guide to FEMA aid for Hurricane Irma victims