HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A motorcyclist was killed when he crashed into a utility pole in Brooksville Saturday night.
The incident happened on U.S. 41 near Broad Street and Ancient Trail.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 51-year-old Gene Arden Leavitt Jr. was traveling southbound on the highway when his 2001 Yamaha left the roadway and hit a utility pole.
Leavitt was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, according to the FHP report. He sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Bank robbery suspect killed in officer-involved shooting in Brooksville identified
- Search underway for endangered woman after empty car found on Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Plane collides with helicopter at Clearwater Airpark
- WATCH: Trump says protesting players in NFL should be fired
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers react to President Trump’s comments on NFL players
- VIDEO: Pasco mom, daughter accused of beating driver unconscious in road-rage encounter
- A guide to FEMA aid for Hurricane Irma victims