PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is in critical condition after a single-vehicle crash on SR-54 in Pasco County on Saturday afternoon.
The incident happened at 2:45 p.m. near the intersection of SR-54 and Meadowbrook Drive.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 24-year-old Emilie Josephine Manser of Tampa was driving west on SR-54 when she lost control of the 2002 Ford F150 she was driving.
The car then left the roadway, came onto the north shoulder and crashed into a utility pole, causing the pole to overturn and catch on fire.
Her passenger, Kim Dale Jones, 46, was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital for critical injuries.
No further details were released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Bank robbery suspect killed in officer-involved shooting in Brooksville identified
- Search underway for endangered woman after empty car found on Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Plane collides with helicopter at Clearwater Airpark
- WATCH: Trump says protesting players in NFL should be fired
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers react to President Trump’s comments on NFL players
- VIDEO: Pasco mom, daughter accused of beating driver unconscious in road-rage encounter
- A guide to FEMA aid for Hurricane Irma victims