PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 58-year-old Lacoochee man wanted on drug charges was arrested after brandishing what turned out to be a toy gun.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call in reference to a man seen outside a home located at 21153 Market Street with what appeared to be an AK 47.
Responding officers located Stanley Johnson Sr. and realized he was carrying a toy gun.
Deputies discovered Johnson was wanted on charges of possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
He was taken into custody and charged with contempt of court/arrest order.
He also faces charges for resisting an officer with violence (no, minor injuries), domestic battery, felon in possession of a firearm/weapon/ammo, unlawful possession of a concealed handcuff key, according to a charge report.
He’s being held at the Land O’ Lakes Jail on a $40,000 bond.
His toy gun was confiscated and “taken into evidence as property item 1DV for Safe,” an affidavit states.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- VIDEO: Pasco women beat female driver unconscious in road rage encounter
- AMBER Alert issued for 4 missing Manatee Co. children
- Hurricane Maria regains strength as Cat 3, lashes NE Dominican Republic
- Lineman flown to hospital after being electrocuted in Englewood
- Crews in Mexico still trying to reach girl buried in earthquake rubble
- Polk deputies search for woman who stole dropped money
- St. Petersburg police identify accused attacker, victim describes what happened