TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County Fire Rescue crews battled a three-alarm warehouse fire in Tampa on Thursday.
The fire broke out at a building near the intersection of 50th Street and Hillsborough Avenue.
The affected business is Florida Sleep Products that manufactures mattresses on site. Firefighters encountered stacks of finished and unfinished mattresses inside the warehouse, causing a large fire load inside.
Three ladder trucks were set up around the steel warehouse building and firefighters took a defensive approach.
Foam was brought in to help extinguish the flames.
The fire was brought under control around 9:45 p.m., taking about three hours and 20 minutes.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- AMBER Alert issued for 4 missing Manatee Co. children
- Hurricane Maria regains strength as Cat 3, lashes NE Dominican Republic
- Lineman flown to hospital after being electrocuted in Englewood
- Crews in Mexico still trying to reach girl buried in earthquake rubble
- Polk deputies search for woman who stole dropped money
- St. Petersburg police identify accused attacker, victim describes what happened