.MIAMI (AP) – The search is on for a boat that went missing off Puerto Rico during Hurricane Maria with two adults and two children aboard.
The U.S. Coast Guard in Miami said in a news release that the vessel named Ferrel sent a distress call Wednesday saying it was disabled and adrift in seas with 20-foot waves and 100 mph winds.
Communications were lost with the boat near Vieques, Puerto Rico.
The Coast Guard, U.S. Navy and British Royal Navy are all assisting in the search Thursday.
It includes an HC-130 search plane, a fast response cutter, the USS Kearsage amphibious assault ship and Navy helicopters. The names of those on the vessel were not released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deputies: Pasco women beat female driver unconscious in road rage encounter
- AMBER Alert issued for 4 missing Manatee Co. children
- Toddler shoots 2-year-old sister in head with BB gun in Martin Co.
- Florida store owner fires warning shot at thief, who returns stolen beer
- Hurricane Maria regains strength as Cat 3, lashes NE Dominican Republic
- Man in critical condition after falling off road striping machine in Clearwater
- President Trump issues disaster declaration in Puerto Rico
- Crews in Mexico still trying to reach girl buried in earthquake rubble
- Busch Gardens’ Howl-O-Scream offers 2 new haunted attractions