ENGLEWOOD, Fla. (WFLA) – An out-of-state restoration worker was injured in an accident in Englewood on Wednesday, News Channel 8 has confirmed.
The Sarasota County Fire Department said a 53-year-old man was electrocuted, but he was actually shocked.
Todd Meyers, a spokesman for West Penn Power said one of their linemen, who he didn’t identify, came in contact with a live line at 3:30 p.m. and was injured.
He was transported to a to a burn unit in Bradenton, but his current condition is unknown.
Meyers said the linemen have been working very hard to restore power and stressed that the company has a high focus on safety.
He added that the company’s “thoughts and prayers are with the lineman’s family.”
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- AMBER Alert issued for 4 missing Manatee Co. children
- Hurricane Maria regains strength as Cat 3, lashes NE Dominican Republic
- Lineman flown to hospital after being electrocuted in Englewood
- Crews in Mexico still trying to reach girl buried in earthquake rubble
- Polk deputies search for woman who stole dropped money
- St. Petersburg police identify accused attacker, victim describes what happened