ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — St. Petersburg police are searching for a man who was caught on camera breaking into a home that had been evacuated during Hurricane Irma.
Investigators say the man broke into a home on 17th Avenue South around 6:45 a.m. on Sept. 10 by breaking a window on the back door. Once the man was inside, he started rummaging through drawers.
Police believe the same suspect also broke into another home on the same property. They say he left the houses with several items, including vehicle titles.
If you can identify the suspect or have any information on him, you are asked to call the St. Petersburg Police Department at (727) 893-7780.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hernando woman devastated by death of uncle, whose body was in parked truck for 8 months
- Florida: Schools can cut back year by 2 days due to storm
- 9th person dies week after Florida nursing home evacuation
- Jacksonville hospital calls photos of newborns ‘outrageous, unnacceptable’
- A guide to FEMA aid for Hurricane Irma victims