MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – An Amber Alert is out for four missing Manatee County children who may be in danger. They were last seen with their mother on September 15th. Officials say the mother, Jaima Gadeaun has a criminal past and some red flags that have deputies concerned.
Officials say the mother, Jaima Gadeaun has a criminal past and some red flags that have deputies concerned.
The four children have been missing for nearly a week now.
- Jowella Gadeaun is 12-years-old, 5′ and 133 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a long sleeve gray shirt with gray and white sweatpants.
- Joseph Gadeaun is 10-years-old, 4’10” and 120 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing black shorts and a dark-colored shirt with bears on it.
- Jacqueline Gadeaun is 8-years-old, 4′ and 65 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a green top and neon orange shorts.
- Jocelyn Gadeaun is 6-years-old, 3’5″ and 40 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black and white striped top, black pants and a white sweater.
Jaima Gadeaun is 40-years-old, 5’7″ and 160 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes.
The children were last seen at their grandmother’s house on the 5100 block of 15th Street Court in Bradenton.
Officials say the grandmother had custody and Jaima only had visitation rights.
“She went over there and all of a sudden she’s gone with the kids, the grandmother thought, maybe she just ran out for a second,” said Manatee County Sheriff’s spokesman Dave Bristow.
They may be traveling in a 2016 dark green Toyota Corolla, Florida tag BNZQ08.
Despite being missing for a few days, the Amber Alert was not sent until Wednesday. Officials say the grandmother did not initially believe the children were in danger.
“At that time Grandma was telling us that no I don’t believe they’re in danger, there’s no reason to think they are. As we started investigating this we turn up some information that yes they possibly could be in danger, there is some things going on with her, her the mother, at that time we are able to contact FDLE and get the amber alert approved late [Wednesday],” said Bristow.
Numerous agencies from different states are working the case.
“We can’t really say definitively whether or not she’s still local, she’s still in the state, or she’s out of state, we kind of got a feel that she might be out of state for some of the things that we’re gathering in the investigation,” said Bristow.
Jaima has a history of erratic behavior and was involved in a robbery and shooting at her estranged husband’s house back in July. There is an outstanding warrant out for her arrest.
“We kept getting red flags going up, and that caused us to have some concern for the safety of these children,” said Bristow.
Sandra Antony knows the children’s father.
“Never heard about her very much,” said said of Jaima. “Just him and how much he loved his kids.”
“It’s actually quite shocking. He is great. He’s a great dad, and then when I saw the pictures and I saw who it was and he’s the father… It’s just really shocking.”
Neighbor Crystal Gilmore saw the family frequently. She said Jaima was a good mother.
“They play in the street, the mom sits and watches them…they’re great little kids,” said Gilmore.
Gilmore doesn’t believe Jaima would harm the children.
“I really believe she cares about her kids and I’m hoping that’s what’s going on is that she’s maybe taking them because she feels they might be safer,” said Gilmore. “It hurts, it really hurts as a mom and to know that there’s all this drama going on around the babies.”
If you have any information on this case, call the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office or 911.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- AMBER Alert issued for 4 missing Manatee Co. children
- Hurricane Maria regains strength as Cat 3, lashes NE Dominican Republic
- Lineman flown to hospital after being electrocuted in Englewood
- Crews in Mexico still trying to reach girl buried in earthquake rubble
- Polk deputies search for woman who stole dropped money
- St. Petersburg police identify accused attacker, victim describes what happened