NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon is attempting to develop glasses that pair with Alexa and would allow users to access the voice-activated assistant outside the home, according to a newspaper report.
The Financial Times, citing anonymous sources, says the glasses could be released before the end of the year.
Amazon.com Inc., based in Seattle, did not immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday.
Wearable technology, glasses specifically, is already in limited use. Snapchat sells $130 glasses that take a short video and post it on the social media app. And Alphabet Inc. sells Google Glass to employers, so that doctors or factory workers can search information or talk to co-workers hands free.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Police: Lineman killed in fall from parking garage
- Hernando woman devastated by death of uncle, whose body was in parked truck for 8 months
- Florida: Schools can cut back year by 2 days due to storm
- 9th person dies week after Florida nursing home evacuation
- Jacksonville hospital calls photos of newborns ‘outrageous, unnacceptable’
- A guide to FEMA aid for Hurricane Irma victims