HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County has created a relief fund for residents affected by Hurricane Irma.
Those wanting to donate to the county can do so by visiting their relief fund site or sending a check payable to “Hillsborough Irma Relief” to Lutheran Services Florida at 3624 W. Waters Ave., Tampa, FL 33614.
Funds will go towards a general recovery/relief account to support human services organizations providing relief and recovery services to disaster survivors.
The funding will be authorized by a committee consisting of representatives from the Hillsborough County Department of Aging Services, Florida Department of Children and Families, and United Way Suncoast.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Tropical Storm Maria strengthening, expected to become hurricane later Sunday
- Florida man leaves toddler outside overnight during Hurricane Irma
- Power outages remain in Tampa Bay area following Hurricane Irma
- Endangered man missing from Human Development Center in Seffner
- Hernando officials urging evacuations near Withlacoochee River
- Where Hurricane Irma victims can find food and water in the Tampa Bay area
- Broward County nursing home tragedy unfolded days after Irma’s initial hit
- PHOTO: Dog that disappeared in Florida in 2016 is found in New York