(WESH) – Duke Energy says it has changed its system so consumers can reach customer service more quickly.
The energy company is asking people to call 800-228-8485 to get the immediate option to speak with a customer service representative.
A representative for Duke Energy said the utility company apologized for any issues experienced in customer service and appreciate the patience of its customers.
If customers would like to view a county-by-county outage map, they can visit news.duke-energy.com/irma.
Customers can also use the site to report an outage.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Tropical Storm Maria strengthening, expected to become hurricane later Sunday
- Florida man leaves toddler outside overnight during Hurricane Irma
- Power outages remain in Tampa Bay area following Hurricane Irma
- Endangered man missing from Human Development Center in Seffner
- Hernando officials urging evacuations near Withlacoochee River
- Where Hurricane Irma victims can find food and water in the Tampa Bay area
- Broward County nursing home tragedy unfolded days after Irma’s initial hit
- PHOTO: Dog that disappeared in Florida in 2016 is found in New York