TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WESH) —Gov. Rick Scott ordered all assisted-living facilities and nursing homes to get a generator and fuel.
Rick said on Saturday that he was outraged over the death of eight people in a Hollywood rehab center that lost power.
Rick said assisted-living and nursing facilities now must follow the same rules as hospitals.
The state reported 145 assisted-living facilities and 30 nursing homes are still using generators for power.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Tropical Storm Maria develops in the Atlantic, threatens islands impacted by Hurricane Irma
- Florida man leaves toddler outside overnight during Hurricane Irma
- Power outages remain in Tampa Bay area following Hurricane Irma
- Endangered man missing from Human Development Center in Seffner
- Hernando officials urging evacuations near Withlacoochee River
- Where Hurricane Irma victims can find food and water in the Tampa Bay area
- Broward County nursing home tragedy unfolded days after Irma’s initial hit
- PHOTO: Dog that disappeared in Florida in 2016 is found in New York