PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Crews of first responders are helping residents at a Pasco County RV Park who are being impacted by flooding.
The Withlacoochee River RV Park on State Road 575 in Dade City is being hit with flooding from the nearby Withlacoochee River.
Pasco officials say the National Weather Service gauge at Trilby shows the river at 16.3 feet. Major flood stage is 16.5 feet. The river is expected to continue rising throughout the next week and eventually reach 17.6 feet.
People who live in the area are being asked to monitor the river levels and seek safety if they feel threatened.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Power outages remain in Tampa Bay area following Hurricane Irma
- Target 8: Duke Energy billing shocks power customers
- Endangered man missing from Human Development Center in Seffner
- Hernando officials urging evacuations near Withlacoochee River
- Where Hurricane Irma victims can find food and water in the Tampa Bay area
- Broward County nursing home tragedy unfolded days after Irma’s initial hit