BARTOW, Fla. (WFLA) – Polk County lifted the county’s curfew on Friday, effective immediately.
The curfew was issued earlier in the week during a declared state of emergency following Hurricane Irma.
County Manager Jim Freeman signed the order into effect.
As of a result of the improved situation within the county, due to electrical power being restored, Polk’s Emergency Management Director Pete McNally and Sheriff Grady Judd recommended the order be lifted.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 8 On Your Side #FLORIDASTRONG Telethon FRIDAY 6A-9P: Donate $$, drop off supplies
- Deaf community demands apology from Manatee Co. after interpreter disaster at Irma press conference
- Scientology steps into hurricane relief vacuum to help Clearwater storm victims
- Sam’s Club waives membership fees to help Tampa Bay residents recover from Irma
- PHOTOS: Tampa Bay area ‘hot cops’ become internet sensation after Hurricane Irma